10 Good reasons to sell your Home During the Holidays
People looking are more serious about buying.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from, less inventory available, so you have less competition.
- Houses tend to “show better” with holiday decor
- After the holidays the supply of listings increases substantially which lowers the demand for your home.
- Buyers can be more emotional during the holiday season.
- Buyers have more time to look during the holiday, as opposed to normal work non-seasonal times.
- Many will buy to take advantage of year-end tax benefits
- January is the month for some job transfers. If transferees cannot wait until spring, you must be on the market.
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if desired.
- By selling now you have an opportunity to buy during the spring when more houses are on the market
The Bottom Line is by marketing your home now, there may actually be fewer showings, but there wil be more qualified buyers looking at your home.
Less competition means a higher chance of selling your property.