5 Tips For Fast Spring Cleaning- Santa Monica Real Estate
1. Clean carpets and upholstery: Fabrics that have absorbed a winter’s worth of dirt, body oil, and germs will need a deep cleaning to get them ready for another year of wear—and for that close inspection by your relaxing guests.
2. Make Doormats Welcoming: Shake ’em, wash ’em, swat ’em with a broom. Give them the toughest cleaning they can take. They’re your front line against tracked-in dirt—so keep them clean enough to function at peak efficiency.
3. Vacuum with Intelligence: The old rules mandated that you go through the labor-intensive task of dragging every stick of furniture off the carpet, just so the vacuum cleaner could cover every nook and cranny. The new rules will save you time, and you’ll still get the corner-to-corner cleaning done: Simply move those big items a little to the left or to the right. Vacuum the area previously occupied.
4. Clean Ceiling Fixtures: Remove dust and dirt from ceiling fans and air-conditioner vents with a cloth and a vacuum with a soft nozzle attachment.
5. Check your coils: You should clean the refrigerator’s condenser coil, usually found behind the toe grille, with a long-handled bottle brush and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment hose to remove dust and lint. Built-up dust can shut down the unit by causing it to overheat.